WHAT IS GHF’S PRESERVATION CHALLENGE?
Simple, it’s how our members and friends support our preservation mission each year. The greatest news of all? Your donations are matched! Please give between now and March 1, 2018!
THE 2016-2017 CHALLENGE ALLOWED US TO:
- Accept and stabilize the 1903 Star State Station #3 Firehouse
- Rehabilitate three historic revolving fund houses – with two sold
- Overcome a very, very wet Dickens on The Strand
- Receive highest category ratings on both Guidestar and Charity Navigator
- Commit to hosting TALL SHIPS GALVESTON® in April 2018
- Hold 2017 ELISSA Sea Trials, with plans to sail the Gulf in 2018
NOTE: Our $400,000 goal will be very challenging given Hurricane Harvey and outsized efforts to alleviate the need across Houston. Consider the lasting impact of GHF’s work and make a generous commitment, now through March 1, 2018.
HOW IT WORKS:
By March 1, 2018, we plan to raise $200,000 from members and friends, which is then matched by outside foundations. That $400,000 total strengthens GHF’s annual operating budget, ensuring support for its entire mission to preserve and revitalize the architectural, cultural and maritime heritage of Galveston Island.
PAST MATCHING PARTNERS:
Albert and Ethel Herzstein Foundation
Daniel K. Thorne Foundation
John P. McGovern Foundation